Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thinking

I was driving around last night at about one in the morning.

You know, just for fun.

ON OPPOSITE DAY.

Kiers seems to have an ear infection/was having an allergic reaction in the middle of the night/she is a toddler and her body is SO CONFUSED by traveling for 30 hours. 

We were out looking for meds in the middle of the night.  And can I say it was SO NICE to be able to get what we needed at 1am.  Cuz in Africa only the bars are open then.  That might have helped meeee but not Kieren at that moment...

Anywhoo, I was driving around North Raleigh in the middle of the night, and so took the long way home and drove by our old house.  It looks so sweet and nice and quiet (we still own it and are renting it).  All the streets in Raleigh look so sweet and familiar and lovely.  It's so nice to be here.  It feels totally normal and totally weird all at the same time.

I have concluded that we do in fact have two full homes.  We feel completely at home in Raleigh and we feel completely at home in Ocean View.  It's official.

But it's the community in RAleigh (and beyond) that sent us to Ocean View, prayed for us, and believed in us on this incredible journey.  So the second home can never be possible without the first.  So it's great to be back at the first home.

But I also miss the View.  I miss Granny.  I miss our little gangsters.  I miss everyone.  I miss Ocean View.

So thankful to be in the US.  Excited for the ministry in the coming month.  Expectant for what God is going to do.

Glad to be home, and miss home all at the same time.

What a brilliant problem to have.

love
sarah

No comments: