Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wow!

Just wanted to share a huge praise about what God is doing! Many of you have known that we are starting support groups for women in Ocean View and that has been a big focus of my time and prayers here. We started a couple groups in March and they have started slow with some people just getting to know one another. I think they have been small though because it's something pretty intimidating for people - to come together and share about their lives and hearts when gossip and backstabbing is something women really struggle with here. Well, my friend Danielle and I are leading a group on Monday nights and last night we hosted our third meeting and my little lounge was full of over 10 women! I asked Danielle to share her story, as we are going to take turns sharing our life stories and praying for one another - honestly a huge thing for these women. I was so deeply humbled by Danielle's story because she has a dark and painful past and was confident about sharing all of it - because she knows who she is in Christ! It was truly a beautiful thing and the women responded to it with all their hearts. They were encouraging and saying they too had experienced the same things and were so proud of where she had come with God. Then we gathered around her and prayed for her - even breaking out into a song of praise at one point! It was a moment of beauty and grace for this incredible woman, Danielle, who loves God, has experienced a lot of pain, and even made her own mistakes. But she knows God is bigger than all of the and only He defines who she is. I was in awe of her, and more in awe of what God can do in our lives. I was reminded that when we share our stories, we aren't just telling about ourselves, but we see that hand of God at work in our lives, protecting us, moving us, directing us, and loving us. This morning, Jacoba and I decided that we are all going to meet together for the women's group instead of being broken into two nights because we don't want to miss out on anything and there is power in being together! I love this idea and am so excited!

Woo hoo! Great night and I am THANKFUL to be a part of what is happening with the women in Ocean View! They are amazing!

Lots of love
Sarah

1 comment:

Billy said...

sarah, this is a "wow"! so glad to hear the ministry is growing. sounds like a powerful night. hope it continues...