Friday, March 26, 2010

Women's Ministry

Just wanted to share an update about the Thursday meeting I had this week. After planning the women's rally and seeing the women coming alive in that environment and a longing to have more time together and to do more ministry, I decided to gather them more regularly. I want to gather these women who are leaders in different churches to have a time of women's devotion and fellowship, where I can be building them up as women of God. Then we will meet and talk about support groups and future rallies in Ocean View where I can equip and empower them to take on those ministries. So about 12 women came to our house on Thursday night for this time of ministry and it was wonderful! We had a time of devotion where we looked at the 'Christ Hymn' in Philippians 2:5-11. We shared and challenged one another and then had a time of prayer. It was rich and heartfelt. Afterwards we split into two groups, focusing on the support groups and the next rally. The women decided they want to do the next rally in three weeks - they are crazy! Also, I have asked our 'granny' Jacoba to be a support leader as well as my friend from the Methodist church, Denille. They have both accepted and I know God is going to use them powerfully to lead, encourage, and empower women in their support groups. I would love prayers for myself and these women as we work through many details in the coming weeks for both the next rally and the groups.

Honestly, as the night ended I was deeply encouraged and pumped up about these women and what God is doing in them! It is surely something I am most excited about in ministry right now and I feel so privileged to be working with these incredible people!

Love,
Sarah

No comments: