Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Become a Part of the 'Freedom Project'

Watching CNN this morning I have been so excited and impassioned to see their new campaign for the year of 2011.  It's called the CNN 'Freedom Project.'  They want to bring light and information to the modern slave trade going on throughout the world and bring an end to it.  

This is now affecting me, as I shared a story of a girl in our church who was almost trafficked last week.  Check out CNN's Freedom Story blog here: http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.cnn.com.

1 comment:

Lydia Gillespie said...

I saw this exact same article and felt the same way. I teach English, and every year I have my students read Poisonwood Bible. I ask them to consider what they can do to make a difference. The crazy thing is that just as CNN was reporting on this, today on our NPR local station they interviewed someone trying to put an end to human trafficking taking place in Charlotte. I'm so glad you posted this!