Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book Review- Jesus Wants to Save Christians

Just finished up Rob Bell's new-ish book (with Don Golden) "Jesus Wants to Save Christians: A Manifesto for the Church in Exile."  The book wasn't quite what I expected.  As typical for Bell it included a lot of great teaching on Old Testament scriptures and really brought them to life.  It traced the path from Eden to Egypt to Sinai to Babylon to our new type of exile.  He's sneaky in that I think there was some critique of the modern church that  you have to draw out of the writing.  It's a lot less explicit than I would have expected.  I think that's the part that was surprising, it was a lot less pointed than I expected.
So, it's a decent book, just not quite sure what I drew from it quite yet.  Maybe those of you that are much smarter than me will get more of the depths.
Overall Grade: B-

Casey

No comments: