Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Book Review by Sarah


"Brag!  The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn Without Blowing It" by Peggy Klaus
Brag! is a book recommended to me by a mentor and friend, suggested a few years ago.  It was during a time in the US when I was trying to figure out what was 'next' in my career and wanting to take the right steps.  I immediately bought the book, but the when it came to my house I couldn't even handle the title and put it on the shelf.  It made it's way on our shipment to Africa, and I finally picked it up again last week.  This book is a quick and fun read and very encouraging for any on a path of trying to share with others what you are passionate about. I have realized on my journey that I know God has given my gifts and abilities but I don't always know how to tell others about those traits, and I think many of us feel shy about sharing our strengths, not wanting to 'brag' too much!  Well as the old adage goes, if we aren't going to share about our strengths and passions, then who will?!  We are our own best cheerleaders but we often don't really know how to articulate them out loud to others, and this book will easily help anyone to do just that.  I would recommended this book to anyone who wants to learn how to brag better and move towards new opportunities with confidence and strength.  I know I will.

Overall Grade: B+

No comments: