Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book Review by Sarah - A MUST Read!


While home we were able to catch up with so many friends who we love, but I really cherished time with one of my best friends, Sarah Vervurka. She has been telling me about this book and bought it for me (score!) so I would read it too. I have heard so much about this book, and actually have recently started following Donald Miller's blog and am inspired by the work he is doing in the world of late (check out his blog at http://donmilleris.com). Well I don't really know how to sum up the book except for that it was FANTASTIC, INSPIRING, and an incredible journey that I hated to see end. Donald's writing style is humorous, self-deprecating, and insightful. He see's God and Christianity through a different lens and brings to life critiques and questions in a wonderful way. The book was deeply inspiring to me personally, as Donald challenges us to see our lives as a story, with the life ahead a chapters left unwritten. He believes God longs for our lives to be an incredible and awe-inspiring story, and sometimes we get lost along the way in hardships, boredom, or the 'American dream.' He has helped me to get back on the right path while sharing how he began to write the best story of his life, and I truly feel he could do the same for you with this book. This is a MUST READ! Get it, love it, share it, and let it move you!

I wonder if that's what we'll do with God when we are through with all this, if He'll show us around heaven, all the beauty and light coming in through windows a thousand miles away, all the fields sweeping down to a couple chairs under a tree, and we'll sit and tell him our stories and He'll smile and then tell us what they mean. -Donald Miller


Grade: A++

No comments: