Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hit the Wall

So, this is really just an extension of what Sarah already wrote about being in Judah. I just wanted to share how I'm feeling since she's been doing most of the writing lately. Simply, we've hit the wall. Spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, any way you can. I'm fatigued and discouraged by the situation with Kieren, but also with ministry. But really the ministry fatigue is the result of the situation with Kieren. Before the accident, I was excited and things were rolling. I was joyful. I was actually getting sad about coming home this summer since I wouldn't be here. Now, I'm excited about coming home and recognize my need for a break. We lost so much momentum with Ubuntu while Kieren was in the hospital and the World Cup break is hindering us from getting some things settled. That's got me discouraged and treating things as tasks to be completed, not joyful ministry to be done.
I know things are going to be okay with Kieren. And I know that God is big enough to handle the delays in our ministry. But my feelings and fatigue are real and they are there. We would so appreciate your prayers. I don't want Satan to win this battle. He came after us because of the great things happening. He tried to distract and discourage us. It's worked a bit, but he will not claim victory of this battle. Please join us in this battle by really praying for our energy and strength over this last month. Pray for favor for a few things to fall into place for Ubuntu (like location for our World Cup clinics in Ocean View, need to know by Tuesday). Pray for our marriage to stay strong as we keep seeking to serve and carry each other.

As we sang tonight, "You (God) are strong enough in my weakness, you make all things new, I will believe." Help us claim that for ourselves when may not have enough strength to do it on our own.

Thanks,
Casey

1 comment:

Billy said...

I'm so sorry you're discouraged. You're right - it is Satan prowling around looking to devour you. Stand firm, then, "because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm, & steadfast" (1 Peter 5:8-10).