Friday, April 16, 2010

Love these Methodists...

Thursday night was an incredible time and I can't let this full and wonderful week pass without sharing about it. Hillsong Church has a quarterly 'Leadership Vision Night' and our friend Jenks and I went last time (even though we aren't leaders - shhh!). They open it up to anyone and we thought it would be fun. It was very inspiring and challenging and got me all excited about working with the leaders at Ocean View Methodist - which was one of the goals Kyle and I had set for my ministry at the church. So, this week another 'LVN' came along and I decided to invite a couple of the women leaders in the church to join me. Next thing I know we are taking a caravan of two cars and nine people an hour away to this Hillsong event! They were tired from a busy week, skeptical of what the white lady was dragging them into, and not even sure about this Hillsong stuff, but I was seriously PUMPED about having them along. I have been talking more and more with the leadership at Hillsong and so couldn't wait to introduce my View people. We got there early and enjoyed tea while meeting new people and talking to some of the pastors. I finally got to have a great conversation with Lucinda Dooley, who is the head pastor's wife, and also preaches and does a lot of women's ministry at Hillsong. She was so fun and encouraging and really wants to get Ocean View women to the next Hillsong women's event - fun! Then came the actual Leadership event - full of music, excitement, leader awards, church updates on the inner 'happenings,' and GREAT teaching from a visiting pastor, Robert Fergeson, from Hillsong Sydney. The skepticism of the Ocean View crowd quickly disseminated and I could FEEL their excitement and God really working in them. We had such a fun night and all felt like God challenged and encouraged us in our leadership roles at the Methodist church. We ended the night with a McDonald's stop for ice cream and were all like little kids with our excitement.

I just feel deeply, deeply grateful for the ministry Hillsong Church is doing, how they continue to build me up, and now how they are welcoming these Ocean View leaders and want to encourage and build up the ministry happening in the View. The support feels great and I was so proud to have my OV peeps there with me. Once again I am SURE that God is moving here in Ocean View and I am in awe of what He is doing. It's so fun!

Hillsong Church Cape Town website: www.hillsong.co.za


Lots of love,
Sarah

1 comment:

Kerry said...

I'm so glad you have Hillsong to feed you, while you feed your View peeps. awesome. seems exactly right. wish i could be there with you.