Thursday, October 22, 2009

Jeremiah's words for us...

I’ve been reading through Jeremiah for a while now. He’s really giving it to the people of God for their disobedience. Later he’s telling the people about their impending exile in Babylon and he’s describing two types of figs, the good and the bad. The bad will be thrown out, but he says this about the good ripe figs,
“My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. 7 I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart.“

That’s what I’m praying for our family right now. We aren’t really in exile the way the Israelites were, but we are away from our homes and community for a period of time.

Casey

No comments: