Monday, August 31, 2009

On the other side...

Well friends and family, we are on the other side of the move out of our house. There were some moments when I thought I wasn't going to make it - I was going a bit crazy at times. It was SUCH a sad day on Sunday, and I felt like when I woke up on Monday I had a 'sadness hangover.' But, God's mercies are new every morning, and I feel like God has brought back my joy and sanity. Casey and I stayed last night at the Latta's house and even though it felt so deeply sad, it also just felt right. I know we are on the right path. Today we went back to the house to pack up a few last things and do some cleaning. Being there in the empty house brought back all these beautiful memories that we have had there. I was thinking about all the people who helped us move in 6 years ago. Paul and Michael who painted a mural on our wall as they painted the living room. Hop and Casey chasing a bat around the living room as I hid in the office. Hours of conversation in the kitchen eating Mike and Ike's with our friends. Sleepovers and small groups. Heartbreaks, parties, missionary visits, family time. The day we brought Kieren home and our house was filled with our friends and family there to welcome her into our life. I just sat and smiled. We are blessed.

I was listening last night to a song by David Wilcox, and it is about new journeys. The line I love is 'And the hardest mile we travel is the first away from home.' This step of the journey has been heartbreaking, but there are so many beautiful things ahead.

Thanks for sharing the journey.

Sarah

No comments: