Monday, July 25, 2011

Oh Jekyll, how I love you...

What can I even say after another incredible week at the Fun in the Son camp at Jekyll Island, Georgia.  Upon arriving at camp for another crazy week, I realized that it was my 14th summer there and that the night speaker Kenn Kington, and worship leader Todd Fields, were both at my first event.  I vividly remember looking up in awe of these great men of God as they led me closer to Jesus Christ and began to dream of a day when I might also get to influence young people.  14 years later I joined these men at this same camp to be the morning speaker.  I can't explain how humbling that is - and only through the grace of our God!  Early in the hours of our first night at FITS we reunite with so many old friends that have become a family after so many years of receiving and ministering together.  

It was an amazing and blessed week and just PACKED with people and sharing.  My talks in the AM went really well and so many young people responded to different parts and kept engaging me with questions and thoughts.  LOVE that.  Kieren struggled in sharing me with 1000 people, but it was a blast of a week.  We love the Youth Conference Ministry family and are so privileged to work with them and love students in the churches we connect with.  THANK YOU if you were a part of this last epic FITS! I pray that God will continue to strengthen and be so REAL to you as you live as living sacrifices!!

love
sarah

No comments: