Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Busy God

Seriously, our God has been very busy. I am so thankful for Casey writing up our Monday blog to update on the weekend because there is so much happening it's hard to even keep up with it all! I was talking to someone today about our past week and she remarked that we have been very busy but I still sound very excited about it all - and I am! There have been so many amazing things to happen in the past week and I feel deeply grateful to God for the ways His blessings are falling into our lives.

Saturday was an amazing day and the rally was nothing short of INCREDIBLE. God just showed up in so many ways! The women were excited to be there, the music was exciting and fun, and women were touched by the power of God. My friend from Hillsong Church, Chantel Norman, who is one of the pastors, spoke and shared her testimony. She is a Mexican-American and grew up in East LA (near where my mom grew up!) and has an intense testimony of pain and abuse. But God took her out of that situation, helped her to forgive those who hurt her, and helped build up a beautiful life. She really connected to the women and they loved her! She also invited them to come to a Hillsong Women's event in early May, and they have reserved and PAID for a bus to take 60 of us there. It's going to be such a fun event!! Hillsong just continues to be deeply encouraging to us both, and I am really enjoying the friendships that are growing there. They are so positive and uplifting!

Sunday morning I preached at Ocean View Methodist and really felt like I connected even more with the congregation. It was my best sermon so far for this community. It's been such a learning process preaching to a community that I honestly don't understand so often, and God is helping me to understand and minister to them. Afterwards we went to Hillsong Church in the city of Cape Town for a service in the morning AND the evening. It was a bit out of control, but a guest preacher was visiting from Hillsong Sydney named Robert Ferguson. Both services were incredible and God spoke to us in great ways. We feel so built up by that place and always have a blast!

This week is already passing by quickly as we are both busy with ministry, training, contacting people about future events and ministry, and hanging out with Kiers and one another. Lots of great stuff happening.

Thanks for all the support and love!
Sarah

No comments: