Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Update

Hello friends and family!

Well one person has told me that they look forward to my Monday morning updates, so I am going to keep them coming :)

It's a HOT HOT HOT!!! Monday afternoon for me here. Shesh, it's March but it's blazing summer here in Cape Town. MEXICO hot here. No, actually AFRICA hot here. Haha, fun to say. Here is the difference and the problem with the heat here, there is really no buildings other than McDonalds that have air conditioning - not even the malls near our house! So you just sit and feel the hot air slowly moving around the room. Pretty miserable and a bit embarrassing last night as our guests had to suffer sleeping in a stifling hot room. It gave Melissa Book and I crazy dreams which did provide an entertaining ride to the gym this morning as we recounted the tales...

Another great weekend here in the Prince world and we know we are blessed! Friday we just rested and hung out with Casey as he had a FULL week of Coaches training in the city (he will update more about that later). Melissa and Heather have been great about hanging out with the kids in our yard each day, and we seem to have quickly been forgotten as they now come to windows saying "Meyleesaa! Heeter!" It's cute. Saturday we made a trip to the gym early, and after Kieren's nap us girls then went to a local farm called 'Imhoff Farm' for a wine festival there with some friends. Then Casey and Jenks took Melissa and Heather to a rugby game (Go Stormers!) and then to a birthday party celebration for our friend, Wayne. I had a quiet night at home finishing my sermon for Sunday morning (procrastination what?). Sunday morning I preached at Ocean View Methodist, which went very well. Next I went to two different churches to make announcements about the upcoming Women's Rally I am planning in Ocean View in two-weeks time. We lounged around in the morning and then went to Jenks' house to join other friends for a 'braii' and some pool time. WOW what a blessing because in this 90 degree weather we needed a cool-down. And the great food didn't hurt either. Then we headed to Hillsong Church for a great worship service and finished the night with Thai food for dinner. Again, we are aware we have a GREAT life.

Looking forward to another good week here. Casey has hit the ground running this week, and is starting a new work routine of working some in Jenks' office to really focus. I did receive a random and sarcastic text from them mid-morning so I am still skeptical of the word progress there... Tonight I am having a group of women over for tea and 'biscuits' (what they call cookies) as we plan and pray for the Women's Rally we are having. I have had some anxiety about this upcoming event and how big and important I think it can be. I KNOW God has called me to do this, but it seems so great and I am overwhelmed by it. THANKFULLY, there are many women in this community who have the same vision and are coming alongside me so we will work out details tonight and really lay it down before the Lord. Yeah! I will also be doing a few sight-seeing things with the girls as they finish their visit with us and leave mid-day on Friday. It will be so sad to see them go as they have been GREAT guests and given us such a refreshing perspective and view of our lives here. Kieren is doing great - really working on cutting some top teeth, so we are hoping those come through soon. She is really sweat-tastic in this heat with her extra layers of fat, but still happy and having fun. Funny fat Kieren story: we have caught her lately playing with her knee fat. She will grab it and pull it and then let it flop back into place. Hahaha! Oh wait, yesterday she tried to do it to me and it was NOT as funny....

Lots of love and have a great week!
Sarah

No comments: