Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Update on Kelly

I got a surprise phone call this morning from Kelly Kosky, our friend that was in the bicycle accident. He was just calling to check in. He said that he, "thought he owed me a call." What? Are you kidding? Why would he owe me a phone call? I am the one that owes him a visit to the hospital. I'm actually embarrassed that he called me before I got to see him.
But it was great hearing his voice. He has been moved from ICU and seems to be having a great attitude, which isn't surprising. He seems ready to take on the new phase of life that he's entering. He is starting to explore the prosthetic limb possibilities. Ironically, or totally by the sovereignty of God, a guy came to that Super Bowl Party at Kelly's house the night before the accident that has a prosthetic leg. Kelly had never met the guy before. They have been spending a bit of time together talking about how that sort of life can be. It's as if God knew what would happen the next morning and was already putting this guy in Kelly's life knowing that he would need him. Very cool!
Just wanted to give you guys an update. I told him that you all have been praying for him. Thanks for that and please keep praying for the next steps in his journey. He's hoping to get out of the hospital in the next couple of weeks I think.
What a great way to start the day!!

Casey

1 comment:

brendakay said...

that is so amazing! How awesome is our God!!