Thursday, February 18, 2010

Great Video

Hello,

I want to share a video with you. I recently saw this dance on the reality show 'So You Think You Can Dance.' It is to Sarah Barreilles' song 'Gravity' and is about addiction. The man in the video is the 'addiction,' whatever that may be, and the girl is the one who is addicted and can't escape. I had seen this video before, but today it really moved me because of the power I see of addiction here with drugs, violence, and sex. It is so sad because many people don't escape their addictions yet want so desperately to be free. Thankfully, not all are overtaken by their addiction, and there can be a way out.

Love,
Sarah


2 comments:

Unknown said...

STOPPPPPP... this is one of my FAVORITES!!! so beautifully dark.

missjulierae said...

Apparently I'm blog stalking you today. This took my breath away on the show, but in person (I went to the tour last year) it brought me to tears. So moving, so representative of life.