Monday, January 18, 2010

Prince Update

Hello friends and family,

Well we are up and on the move Tuesday morning of a busy week. We had a great weekend, and I was so glad and thankful to finally be able to preach in our church, Ocean View Methodist. I felt like the opportunity would allow the people to get to know our family better and hopefully open them up to share themselves with us more. It was a great Sunday and I really do feel like it brought us even closer. Now preparing to preach again this weekend, and want to push them now to look out with compassionate eyes to those around us. Would love your prayers!

Casey has another Ubuntu Sports clinic today at a school in Simon's Town and it will be their first clinic there. The weather is a bit dreary right now, but hopefully will hold out to begin a relationship with the kids and teachers there.

I am leading my HIV support group today at my house, which I am looking forward to. We have been taking a break over the 'summer break' and so it will be nice to see the group together again. I am in the midst of really praying through my role at Living Hope now, as it is starting to seem like there isn't much of a place for me to serve there as I had hoped. What I would like to do is simply already being done by wonderful and capable people. I think I will still be involved with the organization and support group leaders in Ocean View, but more in just a supportive role and someone they can use when they need counseling or have other specific needs. I am feeling more and more led to do work for domestic violence, and working and talking more with Sisters For Sisters, who do support groups for women closer to the city center. So not sure what is ahead, but would love your prayers as I discern the next steps.

Well time to get going with the day! Sending our love!
Sarah

No comments: