Sunday, January 18, 2009

Praise God From Whom all Blessings Flow





Hey there!

Another great day in the Prince world! My mom is visiting this weekend and has been helping out around the house and loving on Kieren - it's been SUCH a blessing! Between the three of us, we got ourselves together and Kieren all ready and we headed for another outing - Kieren's first visit at church. No, we are not crazy for taking our 6 day old daughter out once again, this time to meet 100's of her new friends, she didn't even leave her car seat the whole time! We feel that we have SO MUCH to be thankful for, and really wanted to worship with our church community. It was awesome to see so many people we love and who are so excited to meet baby Kieren. They already love her so well! It was great to worship in song and be taught, as it always is, but this weekend I found each song deeply moving and profound now that I am a mother and Kieren is in our world. Lines like "Praise God from whom all blessings flow," and songs that talk about God as the giver of life and the savior of our souls, moved me deeper then they ever have. Sure, the hormones are a little 'off' these days in my wrecked and sleep-deprived body, but I have been struck in a totally new way by God's love because of Kieren. It was a beautiful morning, and I hope that I continue to see and know God in deeper and new ways because of my daughter. And wow is she loved! Not even a week old and she is one popular little girl. I think she could even surpass Casey in facebook 'friends' if she opened a page...

Pray for us this week as Casey returns to work and I adjust to my new role as sole caretaker of Kieren during the day. I am so excited about it!! Continued thanks for all your love and support - we feel it from both near and far!

Love,
Sarah

1 comment:

Jim said...

God's love for us so mirrors a parent's love for their child. The beginning of that understanding changes both our lives and our faith forever as the definition of love changes. Relentless forgiveness is the only way I can begin to describe it. Praise God that His blessings flow freely!