Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Book Review

"Soul of Politics" by Jim Wallis
Reviewed by Sarah

Although I have owned this book since seminary when it was wholeheartedly recommended to me, I finally picked it up here in South Africa by the encouragement of my old professor, Peter Storey. Peter was encouraging me to dive into the questions and answers unearthed in post-apartheid South Africa that are brewing right under the surface in the United States; Jim Wallis the author being on the front lines of Christian protest and social-justice in America. This book is THICK in content, language, and themes, but if you are truly interested in the political and religious discussions that should be happening among Christians, this is a book for you. I can’t say that I agree with all the answers Wallis brings to the table, but I do agree that his questions are profound and essential. It might take you a while, but it is well-worth the hours and brain cells!

Overall Grade: B+

No comments: